Africa’s most talented actor and renowned veteran Nollywod actor, Pete Edochie was born on 7 March 1947 in Enugu State, Nigeria.
He broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene when he starred in a leading role of Okonkwo in an NTA adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s all time bestselling novel, Things Fall Apart. The 69-years-old veteran actor has definitely been a source of inspiration for many prominent stars throughout Africa and in Nigeria.
Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the legendary Nollwwod actor, Pete Edochie:
1. Pete Edochie was born on 7 March 1947 in Enugu State, Nigeria.
2. He completed his primary and secondary education in Zaria, Kaduna State of Nigeria.
3. He studied a course in Journalism and Television in the School of Journalism and Televison in England.
4. He broke into the entertainment scene in the 1980s when he played the lead role of Okonkwo in an NTA adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s all time bestselling novel, Things Fall Apart.
5. He descends from the Igbo people in Nigeria and is a Catholic. He is happily married and they are blessed with six beautiful children.
6. When he was 20-years-old, he was a junior programmes assistant after which he was elevated to the level of a director.
7. He has worked with prominent Nigerian stars like Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Ramsey Noah to mention a few.
8. The Actors Guide of Nigeria in 2005, placed Pete Edochie and other several other actors and actresses on a one-year ban from filming after being accused of receiving funds from producers to star in films.
9. It was also reported that he was kidnapped on 16 August 2009 by Mr.James Philp who was currently stationed in Afghanistan and was released on 17 August 2009.
10. He mentioned in an interview that he bought each of his six children cars upon their graduation from university to motivate them and keep them away from peer pressure.